Horseback Riding Rates & Information
Towering mountains, picturesque views, and the iconic history of the Old West are just a few reasons why people come from all over the world to take in this extraordinary region of Arizona! Open year-round, just east of Phoenix, AZ, we cater to riders from novice to experienced, from couples to large groups, and families with children age 6 and up. Whether you’re looking for a Wilderness Pack Trip adventure or simply trying to escape the city for a couple of hours, we have an experience that’s perfect for you.
(Horseback Riding Rates Are Per-Person)
Enjoy the scenic and picturesque views of this mountainous region as you ride into the foothills on our hourly trail rides and find yourself surrounded by the iconic Goldfield and Superstition Mountains.
- Half-Hour Ride - $50.00
- 1-Hour Ride - $65.00
- 1.5-Hour Ride - $85.00
- 2-Hour Ride - $95.00
Half-Day and All-Day Horseback Riding
Choose between riding in the Goldfield Mountains or the Superstition Mountain Wilderness!
Your journey through the Goldfield Mountains provides some of the most beautiful mountain views the Sonoran Desert has to offer. The towering cliffs of Superstition Mountain are ever present; providing the perfect setting for an authentic Arizona horseback riding experience.
For the more experienced rider, the Superstition Mountain Wilderness trails provide challenging terrain as you ride through the interior of one of Arizona's most beautiful and extraordinary mountain ranges. (Limited Availability)
- Goldfield Mountains 3-Hour Ride: $144 + 15% Guide’s Fee
- Goldfield Mountains 4-Hour Ride: $192 + 15% Guide’s Fee
- Superstition Mountain Wilderness: 3-Hour Ride: $192 + 15% Guide’s Fee
- Superstition Mountain Wilderness All-Day Horseback Ride: $252 + 15% Guide’s Fee (Lunch Included)
Basic Information for Riding
- Winter Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, 7 days a week (only closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day).
- Summer Hours: 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM Daily; half-hour, 1, 1.5, or 2-hour rides only during summer months (usually May 15 to October 15, depending on daytime temperatures). Call for availability.
- Just give us a call to make a reservation at (480) 982-4040. The more advanced notice we have, the better the chance that we can schedule the date and time you would like to go. Many times we can make same-day reservations for our 1 and 2-hour rides over the phone, but we do recommend an earlier notice, if possible.
- Two person minimum per ride (we can usually add singles to other groups).
- Children must be at least 6 years old to ride. Children either ride by themselves or we lead their horses depending on their age, size, and ability. We do not double-ride.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. A parent or legal guardian must fill out our release and waiver form for their child.
- All rides are walk-trot.
- All rides are guided.
- Our weight limits are based on height-weight ratios. There is a 240-pound maximum if you are at least 6'1". From there, every 2 inches shorter is 10 pounds less.
- We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard, and traveler’s checks.
- We recommend wearing jeans and closed-toe shoes as well as bringing your own bottled water. Do not wear backpacks; we have bags to put your bottled water or other small items in while you ride. Do not wear floppy hats or cowboy hats without a stampede string. Helmets are available to anyone who would like one at no extra charge.
- Adult riders must be able to reasonably step up into the stirrup from the ground and swing their leg over the horse.
- O.K. Corral Stables reserves the right to refuse any person it judges to be incapable of meeting the rigors and requirements of participating in any horse and/or horseback riding activity(s).
Experience the legacy and natural splendor of the Superstition Mountain Wilderness on a Wilderness Pack Trip. Our guides are very knowledgeable about the area and are happy to share the history, legends, and lore of the Superstition Mountains as you ride into the wilderness to your destination, all while taking in the natural wonders of this majestic mountain range.
A 15% guide’s fee is included within all pricing below. These prices are the total dollar amount.
Our Wilderness Pack Trip-Drop Trips are a great way to get you and your gear into the Superstition Mountain Wilderness at a predetermined base camp, then returning with horses some days later when you want to be packed out. This shuttle service for you and your gear will allow you to take extra gear and create a much more comfortable camp. 150 pounds of gear per pack horse maximum. 1 guide and 2 horses minimum.
You can also choose to hike into your base camp and back out while we shuttle your gear on our pack horses.
$290.00 Per Pack Horse Per Day | $290.00 Per Guide Per Day | $290.00 Per Rider Per Day
Out of remote trailheads (Tortilla, Reavis, or Woodbury Trailheads), the cost is $450.00 per rider, per pack horse, per guide, per day.
A 50% deposit is due to schedule a reservation for any of our overnight trips or pack trip-drop trips; O.K. Corral Stables must be paid in full 10 days before your trip.
Full refunds are given if the customer notifies O.K. Corral Stables of cancelation at least 10 days prior to the scheduled trip. The customer forfeits the 50% deposit for cancellations within 10 days of the scheduled trip. No refunds are issued to "no shows."
Note: because these trips are conducted in a remote wilderness area, they are contingent on availability, water, weather, trail, and road conditions as well as other unforeseen circumstances. If any of these events cause O.K. Corral Stables to cancel the trip, then all efforts will be made to reschedule the trip. If rescheduling cannot be worked out with the customer, a full refund will be issued back to the customer.